Convenient Parking
 
 

Convenient Parking


 

 

Blog Friends

Boski
Club Life
K8's Escapades
...Something's Gone Wrong Again
Surgical Strikes
There's a Blog in My Throat

Sites of Interest

Fark
Inversion Magazine
McSweeneys
Spector's Hockey
The Onion
Defamer
Get Your War On
The Sneeze

More blogs by people I've Met

Blogroll Me!

Filing Cabinet

July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 April 2007 June 2007

Stats

Number of people accidentally here:

Powered By





 

Creative Commons License

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Oh How I Wish Spontaneous Combustion Happened More Frequently, And That I Could Enable It With A Mere Thought

Driving down Laurel Canyon tonight was a slow go. Not because of the traffic... well, I mean, yeah, because of the traffic - but what I mean is not because the traffic was heavy. As in a lot. No. Laurel Canyon was a slow go because of a Student Driver. She was slowing down on all the curves (which are a lot) and taking it easy on the straight parts knowing a curve was coming up.

Which is fine. I was patient. I was a little frustrated, but I saw the Student Driver stickers clearly and it was obvious it wasn't a teacher driving the car home for the night. This was a beginner. So like I said, I was patient.

Except the asshole in the gigantic white pick-up right behind her (and in front of me) wasn't. Patient. He was, in fact, a fucking asshole about the whole situation. On the student driver's ass, and as I know from experience pick-up truck headlights are intensely bright and at a level off the ground that is equal to a normal car's rearview mirror. So I'm sure it was intimidating to the girl. And then he starts beeping. And this goes on until we get to the bottom of Laurel Canyon and it becomes two lanes. And the fuck-face in the pick-up violentlt swerves into the right lane and tries to pass the student driver.

Except then he realizes he wants to turn left onto Hollywood Blvd. And he doesn't have the room to go ahead of the student driver and cut her off and make it to the far left.

So he slows down to cut behind her. Except this is where I come in, pull in close behind the student driver and block asshole-pick-up dickhead. I stop to make the left on Hollywood Blvd. and the pick-up, after briefly flirting with the idea of waiting in a non-turn lane to turn, decides against it, beeps at me, and roars off.

So 2 things:

1) I was reminded of that scene in The Naked Gun(?) where the student driver is calmly told to back up and all that, and then extend her left arm out and stick up the middle finger at the driver going the wrong way.

2) I wished as hard as I've ever wished that that pick-up would blow-up. Alas, I fear he made it home in one piece and not aflame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home