East Coast, Here I Come!!!
Bright and early tomorrow morning I will hop in a cab for only the 3rd time in 4-and-a-half years and head to my friends apartment. From there, the cab will drive up and over the hill and into the Valley, up North Hollywood Way to the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank (great to be in Burbank, Johnny!) where I will be poked and prodded and searched for bombs. An hour or so later I will board the socialist, populist experience that is a Southwest Airlines flight (man, I hope I get to board with the "A"s) for a brief stop in Phoenix, and then off across the rest of the continent to sunny-but-holy-crap-is-it-frigid-my-left-nut-just-fell-off-and-shattered-like-ice Buffalo, NY.
In Buffalo, I will:
- Eat a char-broiled hot dog at Ted's.
- Eat some wings at either Duff's or Brennan's, though possibly at both.
- Build a snowman
- Eat a beef on weck sandwich
- Go to a Sabres game (they are something like 14-1-1 in the past 16. Suck it, Toronto)
- Eat at Mighty Taco
- Drink some loganberry
- Eat donuts and drink coffee at both Tim Horton's and Dunkin' Donuts, certainly on consecutive days but also possibly on the same day.
- Push my brother in a snow bank
- Find my old-timey Nintendo system in the attic to bring back to Los Angeles.
Then, on December 28th, I drive to New York City with my sister and my friend, where I will:
- Eat at Gray's Papaya
- See Tim, Jeremy, Shaila, Steph, possibly Krissy
- Apparently NOT ride the subway
- Hang out with Gibi and Sneha in New York, after only knowing them out here in Los Angeles.
- Stay as far away as possible from Times Square
- Eat pizza
- Browse the Strand Bookstore
- Go to CBGBs one last time
- Spend most of my time in Brooklyn
A week and a half of piling up the reasons why Los Angeles sort of blows.
Then I fly back. Every time I fly I'm convinced the plane is going to crash, so hopefully I'll make it back here, even though it does, on many levels, blow.