Convenient Parking
 
 

Convenient Parking


 

 

Blog Friends

Boski
Club Life
K8's Escapades
...Something's Gone Wrong Again
Surgical Strikes
There's a Blog in My Throat

Sites of Interest

Fark
Inversion Magazine
McSweeneys
Spector's Hockey
The Onion
Defamer
Get Your War On
The Sneeze

More blogs by people I've Met

Blogroll Me!

Filing Cabinet

July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 April 2007 June 2007

Stats

Number of people accidentally here:

Powered By





 

Creative Commons License

Friday, May 13, 2005

Turn that horseshoe upside-down, good sir!

I've been trying to figure out why this blog has sucked so incredibly hard the past couple of months. The reason I came up with in an earlier post was that I had no specific "angle" or common thematic structure to the posts to give my blogging a raison d'etre. The sporadic posting and randomness of the topics have in fact given it raison de n'etre rien. Or something like that.

I think a big part of the lackadasical posting has been my job. I work in the allegedly glorious world of Hollywood. First off, right now is a slow time at work with not much going on, and hence, no interesting work-related anecdotes. Secondly, I certainly wouldn't care what some assistant-level minion had to say about their professional world -- positive or negative or otherwise -- so why assume others are interested in this aspect of my life? I'm not even so proud of myself for working in "the biz" as they call it. I can't even stand that goddamned term. The self-centeredness and self-congratulatory masturbation-type atmosphere that pervades around here -- and is in fact embodied by calling it "THE biz" -- annoys the shit out of me. So I'm certainly not going to write about what good friends I've become with what celebrity to impress anyone because, well, aside from the fact that I'm not, even if I was so what? My versions of these stories are less about how comfortable I am around these people and more about how uncomfortable I am.

The opposite end of the spectrum and diametrically opposed to the "look-at-how-cool-I-am" stories are the sarcasm-filled complaining rants. And I'm really good at sarcastically ranting. Except I've found a really nice job amidst the steaming pile of horseshit that is television production, and I couldn't bitch and complain about it even if I wanted to. I was so fed up with the garbage inherent in my old position that my whole perspective on life was tainted. The old position also involved a lot of driving around town, so I was exposed to some weird stuff. Now I sit in an office all day long. And so now I come to the realization as to why this blog sucks.

Unfortunately, I have nothing to complain about. Well, I mean, the exile in an office aspect is there, too, but still.

Hopefully I'll get shot at when I'm driving home tonight.

2 Comments:
Blogger Boski93 said...

The blog has not sucked. I find it resturant quality, unlike mine. The only gripe I have is that thanks to this site I am now compelled to stop when I am at the gym to watch Rachel Nichols talking about the NBA.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks. By the way, have you seen how many people come here by way of Rachel Nichols searches? People are jonesing for her.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home